Sunday, May 31

The 31st of May

So here it is, the last day of May, and I have rather spectacularly failed in my goal to post every day with a new stained glass artist. I'd like to blame half-term and some rather fabulous weather, but I don't think that's really a good enough excuse. However, I have really enjoyed the process - it's introduced me to some amazing stained glass artists whose work I might never have found otherwise, especially while I've been so busy juggling the raising of children with the earning of crust! It has opened my eyes to new techniques, and made me re-assess my opinions on some that I had previously dismissed. It has made me feel inspired and motivated and re-stoked my passion for stained glass not only as a means of cheering up a Victorian front door, but as an art form in its own right. And finally it has made me sit down and write this blog far more than I would have done otherwise!

So, I have one final artist to show you whose work I have long admired. Linda Lichtman has a very fluid, painterly style. There is also a child-like freshness to her work that I find very appealing.

To see all the artists featured in Every Day in May, come here

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job and really enjoyed what you posted. I had a similar experience though, in that it really got me into the blog world - and I met you! So well done I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo yo flora!
    amazingly, your last minute entry won a piece of fabric in my giveaway - well done!
    can you let me know your address please?
    luciesummers[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk
    bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved your EDIM series, it's been wonderful to see the range of artists using this medium and to be introduced further to the wonders of stain glass- and look forward to seeing much more.

    Well done you it's been a top month of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh shucks you guys! And look - I've won something too! What a smashing day!

    ReplyDelete