Thursday, January 9

To Do List.

source

I was all set to come back to this blog after the Christmas break full of excellent pictures and great resolutions and exciting new work projects.  

Instead I got an ear infection which burst my eardrum and it's left me a bit lacking in vim and vigour.

When normal service has resumed, here are a few things I would like to do:

1) Set up MailChimp.  
I have plans to streamline the way I do things, and one of the ways of doing that is to change the way I run my Etsy shop.  Currently I make to order.  This is a stupid way of doing things.  It means I sometimes have to fire up my kiln for one little bird.  Not very cost effective or environmentally friendly.  So when I reopen my shop, I will make pieces in batches, and have a monthly shop update.  That way I can also try out new designs more easily and it will leave me with more free time each month to work on larger projects.  In order to let people know that I have new stock in the shop, I'll send out a newsletter - which means I need to get my head around MailChimp.

2) Apply for a CPD Award.
A Continuing Professional Development Award is given by the Worshipful Company of Glaziers each year to 2 established stained glass artists in order for them to learn new skills or further existing ones.  I would love to attend one of Deborah Coombs glass painting classes in Vermont to learn a whole host of new techniques using an alternative paint mixing medium called propylene glycol.  Deadline is 31st January, so I really need to get on to this asap.

3) Make Some New Work.
In May I am taking part in a joint exhibition with 2 other contemporary stained glass artists, Stuart Low and Christian Ryan.  The show is called One Square Foot and we are each exhibiting 3 panels (of 12" x 12") at Chris's studio (I'll put up more details nearer the time).  I definitely need to get started on at least thinking about the designs for those.

4) Studio/Office Redecoration/Reorganisation
On the resolution list for the 3rd year running, still not achieved.  Maybe 2014 will be the year...

5) Use My Kiln To Make Some Clay Things
I've been meaning to do this for ages.  I'm not just jumping on the ceramics bandwagon, honestly.





3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been ill Flora, that ear infection sounds nasty. I do hope your feeling a lot better now. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be through your 'to do' list in no time. I have a similar 'to do' list involving lots of paper cutting and bills so I know how it feels. I wish you lots of luck with your list and hope you get that award! Your stained glass designs are the best! Saffa xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saffa - good luck with your To Do list as well! xx

      Delete
  2. i love your list! it all sounds really exciting and productive and new, especially the show. glad you're feeling a bit better. x

    ReplyDelete