Wednesday, April 17

Etsy Shop Open Again


Finally managed to get my head around the various hurdles caused by the postage price increases, and re-opened my Etsy shop.  It has involved ordering new size mailing boxes, researching other options for the "medium size" parcels and (unfortunately) raising prices a little.

I'll still be using Royal Mail  - First Class for small items and Special Delivery for high value (£50+) items.  For medium sized items (e.g. Here Comes The Sun, Big Bloom etc.) I'll be using Collect Plus (which will involve me cycling a mile to the nearest drop off point - no bad thing, could do with the exercise).  I think the delivery time on those will be a little slower - they state 3-5 days.  Ok, turns out Collect Plus are a bit picky about what they will and won't take.  So I'll have to swallow the extra to use Royal Mail for medium parcels.  Gulp.

For overseas items, I'm sorry but the situation is pretty dire.  Royal Mail has cut the compensation cover to £20.  For smaller items, I'm happy to risk it so that's not too much of an issue.  But for medium and large items I have to use Airsure, which I'm afraid really bumps the price up.  I'm thinking that maybe it would be best to offer 2 options - one without the extra cover and one with, then people can decide if they want to take the risk or not themselves.

As you'll see, I have not listed any items with combined shipping prices, but will refund any difference via Paypal after posting.

Postage on cards and postcards remains the same!


2 comments:

  1. i've got to get my shipping prices right. i just sent off a wholesale parcel that cost 15 quid. i charged 8. oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a total pain. I'll definitely have got it wrong somewhere.

    ReplyDelete