Saturday, September 8

Pretty Nostalgic Magazine Feature











I was really excited to receive issue 3 of new magazine Pretty Nostalgic yesterday, which has the results of the photo shoot they did at my house and workshop at the end of July.  Don't mind the title of the article - they're not being rude about the state of my house - a shambles is an old fashioned butcher's, which is what the house used to be.

The magazine is unlike any other - printed on uncoated paper, in a smaller, square format, it looks and feels more like a coffee table book than a magazine.  Their manifesto is "spend wisely, waste less, appreciate more" and this covers the themes of sustainable living, vintage and handmade goods and British eccentricity.  It's available by subscription, in independent shops and WHSmith.

I loved the contents page, with each feature being illustrated physically by a glass jar hanging from a tree, and there is a great article on bespoke wallpaper, with some very drool-worthy designs (last 3 images).

13 comments:

  1. Is that your home? It looks really lovely! Well done on having a feature made about you, I shall look out for a copy next time I'm in WHS! :)
    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Now, pop the kettle on I'll be over in a bit I'm catching a lift on the back of a flamingo, the sofa looks perfect and snug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, your gorgeous home in an equally gorgeous looking magazine - I must get a copy, it looks like just what I need to be lazily flicking through while lounging in my garden in the sunshine. And well done you for being featured! Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely magazine and what a great feature on your gorgeous home. Will have to look out for a copy. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely magazine and what a great feature on your gorgeous home. Will have to look out for a copy. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The place is looking beautifully colourful and happy and full of character. I covet all those bright stripes. How lucky you are to live in a bona fide shambles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (I have found a place that will deliver it to Ireland. Hurrah!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw issues 1 and 2 of this in WHSmiths, I really wanted to buy them but was a tad too expensive for my magazine budget! Was so sad!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree, it is a bit harsh on the wallet! I guess subscription rates work out better, but still...

      Delete
  9. Oh bliss. Your home looks like an amazingly happy, sunny, creative place to live inside. You've got something very special there. And it absolutely deserves all the pages they dedicated to it too. It makes me want to pull a chair up to your dining table at get my colouring pencils out, and then curl up with a cup of tea on your stripy sofa. Can I please? xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the all the lovely comments - sofa cushions are plumped, kettle's on and you're all welcome x

    ReplyDelete
  11. really lovely flora. love that it's called colourful shambles too! will seek out the magazine. their ethos sounds a bit like flow magazine, which also looks gorge. x

    ReplyDelete