Thursday, June 25

A Tag

Righty-ho then, here is the (rather edited version) of The Other Flora's tag:

What is your current obsession?
Hmm, not really the obsessive type, but I guess I do come over a bit giddy when it comes to children's books with lovely illustrations. For this reason (among others) I do like to visit Nath's blog...



pics from here

What are you listening to right now?
The plaintive cry of an abandoned baby seagull who is wandering about in next door's garden. Oh sorry, you mean musically...still got a thing for Alela Diane - that Headless Heroes album was pretty darn cool.


What do you think of the person who tagged you?
I think we would get on very well if we met in real life! I also think she is kind, generous, friendly and funny. And she has to wear Spanish pop socks for work...

What is your favourite quote?
It's more of a ditty really. Not one that many people would know:
"It goes, it goes away. It goes, it goes away. You wait a while and you will find, it goes, it goes away". From a brilliantly eccentric Belgian who runs the most fantastically rustic campsite/gite in the foothills of the Pyrenees. I have applied this simple wisdom to many things in life. It always helps.

Do you admire anyone's style?
I do think that Audrey Tatou (either as herself or Amelie) just about rocks my world.

Favourite Movies?
See my profile - there's a whole load in there! Having kids has opened up a whole new avenue of films which I would have previously dismissed.

Favourite Book?
I'm not a big reader, I'm ashamed to admit. So I'll say the Oxford English Dictionary, because I am a big fan of Scrabble.

Favourite fruit?
Cherries. Definitely. Not just for the taste, but for the look of them - they're just really cool aren't they? And don't you love that little "tug" as you pull the stalk out?

Favourite smell?
Sleepy-head Isla when I wake her up from her afternoon nap. A warm, sweet, fresh bread smell that I find intoxicating.

What do you look forward to when you come home after being away?
Just generally being back in my town, which I love, and the people in it.

My question is:
What word do you overuse (alright, I know I've nicked that from the Saturday Guardian, but it's always the most insightful answer somehow)
"Erm..."

I'll tag:
Umatji
Omi
Cathy
Nath
Francesca (although she probably won't have the time, what with that new baby and all)
Alex

3 comments:

  1. AAHH!! Thank you pal, how nice to read such things first thing in the morning!
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for tagging me! I'm not very good at this kind of thing though and then would be afraid to choose 7 others incase I upset someone, but, thank you for choosing me. Goes along way to making up for the times I wasn't chosen for things at school! Sorry for ducking out. I love your answers, you have a way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me - I am sure I will get there. Answering takes a little thought, unlike most of my posts!

    ReplyDelete