Monday, April 20

Back to school

Having had the past 2 weeks to have a lie-in in the morning, Nelly decided that today was the day she would sleep in until 8am. Or maybe she was just hiding under the covers, lurking in the hope I would forget all about her and the fact it was the first day of term. With Nelly safely despatched into the arms of Reception class, me and Isla did what we do best - off to the cafe to eat some cake.



Later on, I managed to get a bit of work done, and I got these pictures scanned in that I've been meaning to do for a couple of days. The first is a totally out-there children's book that I picked up at the Car Boot sale on Sunday. It's the adventures of a little girl called Poppet and her gang of animals who live on an island. The pictures are rocking my world at the moment.



These are some Hungarian playing cards that we also got at a Car Boot sale a while back that we played with a couple of times over the Easter hols - it's basically Old Maid, but with funky little Hungarian kids and animals. I love the way the kids have a "stained glass" look, with that dark outline around them.

6 comments:

  1. Yes very cute, will you incorporate any of these designs into a stained glass creation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellll, I've got a bird in the kiln at the moment that cetainly gives a nod to the groovy 70s feel of the Poppet book! As for the little Hungarian dudes - their time will come I'm sure ^.*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not like, stalksville, or anything... but that is a mad coincidence in the post above isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely images! They are eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is beautiful! I'd love to know the name of the the author of the Poppet book if you still have it. It was my favourite book as a little girl and try as I may I can't find a copy of it anywhere.
    Debra Croft (bumbledeb@btinternet.com)

    ReplyDelete