Monday, October 29

Blackboard Wall (and more animation)

I've been busy redecorating Nelly's room over the past week.  I've painted one of her walls entirely in blackboard paint (which was quite nervewracking - I kept having visions of Adrian Mole's attempt).

But it looks brilliant!  It turns out that everything looks good against a black wall.  Even really ordinary things like chairs and wall lights suddenly look very cool.

And then the best part was letting the girls loose on it with a box of chalks...


P.S. If you haven't already seen it (it's been around for a while) THIS is a beautiful blackboard animation.

12 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love the picture your girls created, and that the bear had to be brought in - was it him saying Aaaargh?! (I think that's what it says...or it may be mountains?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure where the AAAA is coming from, to be honest! I spotted on your blog that you have a little Isla too, she's gorgeous x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way your lovely girls draw so freely and confidently. I have to keep watching this as its cheering up a cold and wet Monday. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!
    I am obsessed with blackboards, they look amazing on the right wall!

    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the animation! And the music suits it so perfectly!! It's really a sweet and uplifting animation. Lovely jubbly. And the wall is tres cool.

    I do love the birds nest/light.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chuck, there's no stopping me now, I'm hooked on it :)

      Delete
  6. Oh that is amazing, I love it!

    ReplyDelete