Friday, July 13

Catching Up











Life seems to be rushing past so quickly at the moment, and I feel like I'm trying to crowbar everything I need to do into the last few days of child-free time before the summer holidays start at the end of next week.

Here's a quick round-up of what I've been doing...

I got my copy of Popular Crafts magazine today with the Q&A I did for them a while back.  Very exciting to see myself in print for the first time!

I bought a beautiful hardback book of Garden Flowers from my next-door bookshop.

There's been so much going on at the girls' school lately - the end of term art show was really impressive - how great do these sail pictures and shadow boxes look?

Filling my kiln up with various bits of various birds...

Buying this ace vintage chopping board - perfect for the campervan.

Making Isla's birthday cake, including a little marzipan Dobby the House Elf figure, at some ridiculous hour of the night (morning).  I always leave these things to the last minute...

5 comments:

  1. Me too, working all hours to get everything sorted before the hols. Bloody exhausting! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on the feature! Love these photos and that cake is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But who could bear to eat poor plaintive Dobby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody could. We've had him cryogenically frozen (tupperware box in the freezer). Isla likes to take him out now and again to contemplate eating him, but can't bear to.

      Delete
  4. Too cute- a Dobbie cake! total genius, and I love the fact he is still lurking in your freezer x

    ReplyDelete